May 2, 2013
- Results released. Read more here.
April 17, 2013
- Learn more about our study phases.
July 7, 2011
- 12-month mail survey results released. Read more here.
- Mail Survey begins: 70,000 baseline and 10,000 6-month follow-up surveys are mailed.
- Mail Survey continues: 70,000 1-year follow-up surveys are mailed.
- In-person interviews and health screenings begin.
- In-person health screenings and interviews wrap up: over 12,000 people complete screenings.
- First article published in Health Affairs.
- Social Determinants of Health data collection begins: the research team collects data on active living potential and food availability for neighborhoods in the Portland metropolitan area.
- Qualitative Arm data collection begins: the research team conducts over 600 in-depth interviews with OHS participants.
- Administrative Utilization Data is obtained.
- 2011 mail survey conducted.
- Results of 12-month mail survey data published in the Quarterly Journal of Economics.
- 2012 mail survey conducted.
- Results of in-person health screenings and interviews published.
- Social Determinants of Health data analysis completed; results published by end of year
- Qualitative Arm data analysis completed; results published by end of year.
- 2013 mail survey conducted.
The Oregon Health Study is “one of the most important studies that our division has funded since I’ve been at the NIA.”