- Mail Survey begins: 70,000 baseline and 10,000 6-month follow-up surveys are mailed.
- Mail Survey continues: 70,000 1-year follow-up surveys are mailed.
- In-person interviews and health screenings begin.
- In-person health screening and interviews wrap up: over 12,000 people interviewed.
- First article published in Health Affairs.
- Social Determinants of Health data collection begins: researchers collect data on active living potential and food availability for OHS participants in the Portland Metropolitan Area
- Qualitative Arm data collection begins: researchers conduct over 600 in-depth interviews with OHS participants
- 2011 mail survey conducted
- Results of 12-month mail survey data published in the Quarterly Journal of Economics
- 2012 mail survey conducted
- Social Determinants of Health data analysis completed; results published by end of year
- Qualitative Arm data analysis completed; results published by end of year
- 2013 mail survey conducted